Bharos: Now India has its own operating system. IIT Madras has recently introduced a new indigenous operating system called BharOS. According to the institute, BharOS has been developed as a secure and private mobile operating system. It is an AOSP-based Indian operating system. It is being said that BharOS can be of great use to the 100 crore mobile phone users in India, who are using smartphones with Android and iOS operating systems from foreign companies. The first question that comes to everyone’s mind after hearing about this operating system is whether BharOS can become an alternative to Google’s Android or iOS? Not only this, many more questions related to this come to mind. Here we are going to answer all such questions.
Question: What is BharOS?
answer : BharOS is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) operating system. It has been prepared by IIT Madras. It has been designed as a secure and powerful operating system. It has been developed by JandK Operations Private Limited (JandKops), a non-profit organization established at IIT Madras.
Question: Where can BharOS be installed?
answer : This operating software can be installed on commercial off-the-shelf handsets. BharOS developers claim that the new indigenous OS has been designed to provide more secure experience to the users.
Question: Who can use BharOS?
answer : BharOS is currently only for organizations that have stringent privacy and security requirements. BharOS has not yet been officially released to the public.
Question: When will BharOS be released?
answer: Till now the developers of BharOS have not given any information about its release date or supported smartphones.
Question: What are some special features of BharOS?
answer BharOS is a mobile operating system that aims to give users more control over the security and privacy of their devices. The developers of BharOS have told some of its features, about which we are telling here..
- No bloatware or default apps are installed in BharOS, which gives users more storage space.
- BharOS also does not force users to use any app that they cannot trust.
- BharOS offers “Native Over the Air” (NOTA) updates like Android, which means that software updates will automatically be downloaded and installed on the device.
- BharOS will provide the facility of Private App Store Service (PASS), so that trusted apps can be downloaded. The developers have claimed that PASS only shows a list of apps that have been fully tested.
Question: What is the difference between BharatOS and Android?
answer BharOS is technically similar to Android as it is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). The main difference between BharOS and Google’s Android is that BharOS does not come with pre-installed apps.
Question: Is BharOS better than Android?
answer Before comparing the two, let us look at some of the major differences between BharOS and Android.
- It is not yet clear how one can replace the pre-installed OS with BharOS.
- There is no information available on how to install BharOS or which devices will support it.
- Additionally, it is not known how long BharOS will continue to receive security and software updates.
- Apart from this, the developers of BharOS have not given any information about when the OS will be available for download.
- Amidst so many questions, it is not possible to answer whether this operating system is better than Android or not.