Chilka Roti Recipe: If you also want to have something different, tasty and healthy breakfast away from oil spices, then you should eat the traditional and popular food dish of Jharkhand, which is named Chilka Roti. It is delicious as well as full of nutrition. It does not require much oil or spices, nor does it require much effort. You can eat it in lunch or dinner as well. The way idli is beneficial for your health, in the same way this chilka roti is also beneficial. It is prepared by mixing lentils and rice. By eating which you will get health and will also enjoy. Comedian and writer Varun Grover has shared its recipe on his Instagram account. It is very easy to make it, let’s know the recipe for making Chilka Roti.
- rice one and a half cup
- urad dal half cup
- Chana dal 3/4 cup
- oil as required
- salt to taste
Chilka Roti Recipe
- To make this, first soak rice, urad dal and gram dal overnight in a big pot.
- The next day filter it and take it out, after that add pulse rice in the mixer grinder and grind it well.
- Grind all the lentils and rice and prepare a thick paste from it.
- Put this paste in a big utensil and add salt according to taste and make a slurry.
- Take a non stick griddle and put it on the gas to heat it.
- Sprinkle some water on the griddle and clean it, when the griddle becomes hot, put some oil on it and spread it all around.
- Now take dal rice paste in a bowl and put it in the center of the griddle and spread it round and round. Exactly the way dosas are made
- Now let it cook for some time, do not turn it while stirring, otherwise it will not cook properly.
- After some time turn it over and apply oil on the upper surface.
- Roast the chilka roti till it becomes light golden from both the sides, now take it off the gas.
- Make all the chilka roti one by one in this way
- Serve it with curd or coconut chutney.