Mobile Phone Screen: These days there is a variety of smartphones but with it there is also a variety of displays. There are many types of phones available in the market, and different displays are available in different phones. Each display has its own specialty. There has been so much variety of display that there is confusion in selecting. The biggest problem becomes that how do we find out which display is best for our phone? Let us know about this in detail in this news.
The display is mainly divided into three parts.
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
- LED (Light Emitting Diode)
What is LCD display?
The full name of LCD is Liquid Crystal Display. In this display, a light is given in the background of the pixels, which is called the backlight. This light gives light to the pixel. There are also three types of LCD, which include TFT LCD Panel, IPS LCD Panel, and SLCD Panel. There is a difference in their quality.
- TFT is considered to be the cheapest display. In this display, each pixel is connected to a capacitor and transistor. With this display, we get an image with high contrast ratio.
- IPS is a better display. This display is capable of providing better viewing angles, best color reproduction and direct sunlight visibility.
- SLCD panel is also a type of IPS LCD, but in this display there is some gap between the outer glass and the touch sensor.
What is LED display?
CCFL is used in LCD display. In LED display, LCD bulb is used as a back light. It also has 2 types, which include AMOLED and OLED.
- The full name of AMOLED is Active-Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode. This technology of AMOLED is the gift of Samsung. The pixels themselves work as LED bulbs in this display, due to which there is no need for backlighting. In this technique, when the color of the video becomes black, then the pixels of that place do not project light, due to which the black color is visible.
- The technology of OLED Display is the gift of LG. This display is also similar to AMOLED. In Old, a series of thin film is given between two conductors, so that whenever the current passes, the light starts emitting.
What is Retina Display?
Retina display is the gift of Apple company. Apple has improved the IPS LCD display and converted it to Retina display. In retina display, we can see more PPI (Pixel Per Inch) as compared to IPS LCD display. Please tell that it comes in Apple’s mobile phone.
Which display is better?
According to experts, AMOLED and OLED are the best displays. AMOLED and OLED have better quality, better color reproduction, better visibility in sunlight, true black color, unlimited, expected ratio, better viewing angle, better contrast and better battery backup.