Organic Gardening: A large population of the country depends on agriculture for their livelihood. Till now farming was limited only to villages, but now like farming, the practice of gardening is increasing in cities too. Earlier people used to decorate the terrace of their house by planting only flowering plants, but now the needs of the kitchen are being fulfilled by growing fruits and vegetables in pots. Till now the government was also running schemes for agriculture, but now gardening is being promoted to increase greenery in the cities. For this, the Bihar government has started a rooftop gardening scheme, under which a grant of up to Rs 25,000 is given for growing organic fruits and vegetables on the roof or garden of the house. By taking advantage of this scheme, you can set up two gardening units at your home. Subsidy is also given for gardening units in educational institutions and apartments.
What is terrace gardening plan
Bihar Agriculture Department, Directorate of Horticulture has started a rooftop gardening scheme to promote gardening in Patna. Under this scheme, a gardening unit can be set up on the roof of the house in an open space of 300 square feet, the cost of which has been fixed at Rs 50,000. If the initial cost of your gardening unit is coming to Rs 50,000, then you can get 50 percent subsidy or a grant of Rs 25,000.
Subsidy will be available on all these things
Under the rooftop gardening scheme, portable farming systems, organic gardening kits, fruit bags, round spinach growing bags, drain cells, fruit plants, sapling trays, hand sprayers, hoes and drip systems are provided on subsidy, though the cost of the garden is The expenses related to care will have to be borne entirely by the beneficiary.
— Agriculture Department, Govt. of Bihar (@Agribih) January 22, 2023
what plants to grow
According to the notification issued by the Government of Bihar, gardening can be done on the terrace by planting vegetables, fruits and medicinal plants.
- In vegetables, brinjal, tomato, chilli, cabbage, carrot, radish, okra, leafy vegetables and pumpkin vegetables can be grown.
- In fruits, guava, paper lemon, papaya-red lady, ampali mango, pomegranate and fig plants can be planted.
- Gardening of Dhrit Kumari, curry leaves, vasaka, lemon grass and Ashwagandha in medicinal plants will also be given the benefit of rooftop gardening scheme.
where to apply
If you also live in Bihar and are fond of gardening on the terrace, then you can take financial help from the government scheme.
- For this on the official site of Bihar Horticulture Departmenthorticulture.bihar.gov.in Have to click on.
- Here dashboard But click on the application link of ‘Terrace Gardening’ and fill the form and upload your documents.
Disclaimer: Some of the information given in the news is based on media reports. Farmer brothers, before implementing any suggestion, do consult the concerned expert.